Friday, February 20, 2015

Back on the Road..

'46 FL after TROG 10/10/2014...

'46 FL Wednesday 2/18/15...



Well it's been 4 months since I've been able to ride my '46 FL (or anything else)...On Wednesday of this week the mercury rose to a balmy 27 degrees and I was feeling pretty good. The shoulder has been coming around with the help of a lot of Physical Therapy. I took Tyler's Black Pan for a test ride up and down my street after putting it back together and thought... why not? I think it's time...I fired up the '46 FL for the first time since October. She was a little stiff and required a squirt or two of WD-40 to get the linkages moving (kinda like me)...but she fired up and was ready to do a hole shot in no time! I went out for a spin (making a few stops along the way for anti-freeze) and got back before dark. It felt great to dump the clutch on the Knuckle again and spin that back tire!
This morning the temp in my truck was -002 degrees...so I might wait it out a bit...at least I know me and the Knuckle are ready, willing and able...

No comments:

Post a Comment