Saturday, November 22, 2014

Panhead Project...Done and Doner!


Done!

The last bit...Hummer tail light install...


We had to bend the tail light bracket so that the light doesn't point up too high...not a simple task, especially with this re-pop bracket...it's heavier than the original. The bend has to be in just the right place so that the bracket mounts flush to the fender, the bullet hood fits the light socket and it's screw holes line up right on the bracket and you're happy with the angel of the light on the fender...two 1/4 bolts through the top two mounting holes and into the vise, two large adjustable wrenches placed strategically on the bracket (critical)  one on each side of the light housing (only one pictured)...bend the bracket using both wrenches at the same time until desired angel is achieved...then make sue everything fits!





Another mod of a Re-Pop part required...
The bullet hood needs to be relieved to match the hood bracket so that the wire loom can pass through it...Dremel or drill bit...hhhmmmmm???


I used a drill and side pressure to notch it out...worked well

Shot of the tail light mounted with wire loom...
That finished it off nicely...

And it works!

Majestic little fucker...


Look's familiar...

I stole the idea from myself...decades ago I bought a 1954 Hummer just for the tail light and mounted it on my '47 FL Bob Job (pictured above)...I can't remember where I originally got the idea from...maybe an old picture...I paid less for the original paint Hummer than Tyler paid for his re-pop taillight! I still have the Hummer...


I like it!




He likes it...





And that's all for today...hopefully the next pics I post of this Panhead will be on the road or at the Road House....or maybe a short montage from start to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment