Wednesday, October 8, 2014

R.I.P. Eric "Murv" Murvay






On his '66 Shovelhead





Six friends from this pic are now gone...




While I was having a blast at Jefferson and The Race of Gentlemen a great friend of mine passed away at 55 years old...Eric "Murv" Murvay and I spent many cold winter nights on our bikes bar hopping our way around Central Jersey in the 80's and early 90's. This dude was the best! 
We lost contact for about 20 years until about a year and a half ago when we hooked up through Pulsating Paula's FB (which is where I stole these pics from). That's when I found out he had been living only about 30 miles from me in the same county! 
Murv came up to visit one afternoon and we rode out to a local Tavern and  hung out for a beer or two, then back to my place. It was the spring before last... we talked old times, caught up on 20 years and planned a summer of rides and get togethers. 
Those rides never happened...for what ever reason it was always gonna be next time...Well now the next time will be his memorial service which is in a couple of weeks...
Fuck next time! If you have friends that you've been putting off seeing... Do It now...next time may not be there....

No comments:

Post a Comment