Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Flat Track Knucklehead - Mag and Trans Spacer

Older Morris Mag?

Cleaned up the points and it sparks up nicely...

Crude mounting tab...

Removable base so I can get it in without grinding anything
or removing a head...or what have you...I hope...


Trimmed the 5th spacer to fit...will flat black it...

I decided to go with a slide in vertical mag rather than spending a boat load of cash on a front mounted one. What the hell, it'll serve the same purpose with less $$ and less work. Hopefully this old Mag will do the trick. Not sure of the brand. It has a Morris sticker on the cap but it looks like there was a metal tag on the body that is gone. I'll have to ask Desh...We'll see how it installs into the Knucklehead motor I'm using. The only mag experience I have is the Wico in my WLDR and that has been trouble free forever.
I also trimmed the 5th spacer for the trans and will shoot it flat black to match the others. Not spending time Parkerizing or any of that... just functional...

No comments:

Post a Comment