Wednesday, July 9, 2014

1947 U - Updated Timer and Spark Plug Hole Fix


Replaced the 1946 and earlier timer with a 1947 and later because I stole the control strap off it for a knucklehead last year...I figured I might as well put the 1947 timer in and save the older ones for the older bikes. Here is the later one being installed...

Timing the motor with the later Timer...
side valve ...slightly forward...


Pulled the plugs to turn the motor over 
and the steel insert came out with the plug!
Fuck...

The "insertless" hole...ouch!

FIXED!!!
I cleaned the threads and used some Red loctite Thread locker 271. I screwed the whole thing back in and let it sit over night. In the morning the plug came out and the insert stayed in!

1947 and later timer installed...

I left the 1946 and earlier spark control bracket on  for now because removing it requires mucho work being that it's installed under the tappet block...oh yeah and I'm utilizing the chopper spring method to hold it advanced...


No comments:

Post a Comment