Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Knuckle Tank Vomit?


Just Nasty...



Did a little grinding to get the right tank emblem off...

Whilst taking a closer look at the 41-46 tanks that I want to use on the Flat Track Knuckle, I noticed some pink stuff down in the back of the left tank. I decided to utilize the garden hose and flush it out...wet pink insulation looks just like tequila and pickled egg vomit (trust me on this one)...Looks like some nesting mice made a home of it at some point. While flushing I also discovered that both sides leak like sieves...I was hoping that at least the left side would hold fuel...will need to seal it up. I also had to grind the head of a rusted screw to remove the emblem on the right tank. I plan on running them without emblems based on the fact that someone stripped them with the emblems, tank trim and shift gate on, and then painted them black. Removing the trim and emblems revealed the red beneath...looks cool...






No comments:

Post a Comment