Friday, May 2, 2014

45 to 74 Conversion Kit Update...Part 2.... ANY Quality Control Would Be Appreciated!!!

Fuckin' A!
Compared to a standard 74...

The bearing dust cover is sized for a fuckin' 45 cup!!!

OK I'll tap it off easy and use another one of my parts.


Fuckin' NOT!!!! I had to put it upside down in a vise 
and smash it off with a rubber mallet!


...and pry the rest of it off with pliers...

Yeah, maybe I shoulda tried heat...but I was afraid it would fuckin' melt! As you can see it left a ring of the dust cover where it actually ripped apart. There is enough of a lip for the 74 dust cover to slide on so I'm not gonna fuck with it if I don't have to...

It looks like it may work...

Had to clean it up the jagged edges on the old wire wheel...
and at the same time lose that black oxide paint shit...

Well at least the dust cover fits the cup now!

Nice...

I added the bent up dust cover to the pile of 
unusable parts that make up this kit. 
Anybody got the return address for V-Twin in Taiwan? 

The only usable parts ...so far...
I'll let you know when I actually install the fork...

Below is the link to my first post on this kit...from April 22...

http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.com/2014/04/45-to-74-fork-conversion-kitteds.html

No comments:

Post a Comment