Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Harley Museum Trip - Not on Display - Part 3

Great signage....

Soon to be part a a Vacation display...

Arnold's Gun and Knife from Terminator... 
getting ready to be displayed with the bike

The gun was too heavy for Arnold to flip...
so they installed an aluminum barrel...

Evil Knievel's X-Rays...


"Stuff" in the Archive room...

Jim Fricke pulling some literature out of the archives...

Special Archive handling gloves...



I could spend a year in here....

Other stuff prepping for a display...

Mel and Mike...on the Staff side of the glass...

Jim in a hallway leading to the Archive room...

I happened to see Mel standing next to this picture...
Check out his twin in the picture of the guy with the '36 EL

...an uncanny resemblance...

Servi...

Here are some more pictures from behind the scenes at the museum...the Archive room was sterile and very official looking...white glove protocol and all...I would love to pour through those boxes!
Once again I have to say that Jim Fricke, Bill Rodencal and Mike Lowney were fantastic hosts!

2 comments:

  1. You'd need about six manicures before they'd let you touch even ONE of those archive files. I gotta give you some credit man, when I go to an A.M.C.A meet, I'd take about 10 pics , then...give up on it and hope all my mushroom taking days wouldn't erase my long term memory.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rifle also looks like the one Chuck Connors used in "The Rifleman" TV show - bad ass.

    ReplyDelete