Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Trophy Save...

Got this box of MC trophies Monday night....


Sorted them out...

Check this one out...Best Engine...I love it!

94 WYSP was the old Rock Radio station in Philly
I guess they had a Bike Show in 1984...Best Engine!

The trophy in the above pic is from 1963 
Rod and Custom Show in Philly
The picture next to it has been in my attic for many years...

International Championship Auto Shows
Sleepers Showcase
4th Annual
Rod and Custom Show
Philadelphia
1963

I've had this picture for many years...Concept Car
1963 Car Craft "Dream Rod"

It was in an envelope dated Sept 11 1963...

From Car Craft Magazine Hollywood CA


It had this letter with it...

1963 Program with the "Dream Rod" Concept car...


 I scored this box of older trophies and plaques last Monday. They came from a member of the club who is no longer with us...RIP Karl...They range from 1963 up to the later 2000's. It was the last of a large pile that had been picked through and used as Trophies for club events. 
There are two that I really like..
 The first is the 1984 WYSP Bike Show "Best Engine" Trophy (I've never seen a Best Engine Trophy). A little history...  94 WYSP in Philadelphia was a Big Band station until 1973 when it became a Rock station and then in 1981 it became the first "Classic Rock" station in the United States. Then one day in Sept of 2011 it turned into a Sports Talk Station... I remember turning it on and thinking WTF??? Ok that's enough of that.
The other is the 1963 (my birth year) Rod and Custom Trophy. The 1963 Trophy has a funny twist...
When I saw the trophy I remembered a photo I had in a frame laying around the attic for many years, not sure why I connected the two, but I did. I went hunting for the photo and found it. It is the 1963 Car Craft "Dream Rod". Behind the photo was an envelope dated Sept 11 1963 and a short letter from Car Craft Magazine (above). I did a Google search and sure enough that car was part of that show...weird...



No comments:

Post a Comment