Saturday, July 13, 2013

Getting Race Ready Post TROG or Opening a Can of Sand Worms...

Time to lose the Knobbies...

...and change back to my Dirt Track wheels...front done

Rear hub disassembled and cleaned of beach...re-installed..

I thought I was good to go!



Got my duds ready...

Shoe's ready...

I thought I would change my shift rod to something with less slop...



Pulled the primary....fucked...

World of hurt...Sand Everywhere!!!

A quick trip to Walmart and it's time for the desalinization and desandification process...


Getting the WLDR ready for the 1/2 Mile flat track. I had to un-do some Beach Racing stuff. Everything on the "45" was covered in beach sand and that shit gets into everyfuckinthing! I tore down the hubs, cleaned and greased 'em. I washed the bike down a couple of times. I removed the rear chain, cleaned it in kerosene  and soaked it in oil. I thought I was ready...
This morning I decided to change my shift rod to something with less slop. I had to pull off the primary cover...Can of Sand Worms!!! My primary chain is "CRUNCHY" and everything has a coating of sand...headed to Walmart for desalinization and desandification materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment