Monday, June 3, 2013

The Buick and the Black Jersey Pan... gettin' some love...

Damn I look old...good thing I chopped the "Grey Beard" down a bit since this pic was taken last month...

The '51 Buick got some charge and fired right up...
now I think it needs a water pump...

Pan points...20 plus years of service...worn out...

New on the left ...Old on the right...shit picture...

NOS set installed...Fired right up and running like a champ again!

I've been bombing around on the Black Jersey Pan of late...the other day it just wouldn't start... I finally got around to checking it out and the points were barely opening...the follower was worn with no adjustment left...I have a bunch of new in the box USA made sets so I broke one out and popped it in...she fired up and is running sweet!
The Buick has been sitting all winter. I could never get it to stop overheating...radiator redone, thermostat flushed the block, etc. So I charged the battery and pulled it up to the garage to trouble shoot. Now I think it's possibly the water pump...

No comments:

Post a Comment