Sunday, January 20, 2013

47 FL Primary Work...

Had to cut off the tip and re-drill the rod so it doesn't hit the cover...


Primary chain and clutch installed and she's kickin' over...

Forced to go with the chrome primary for now...

Got a chance to work on the 47 FL Transformation project a bit yesterday. Got the clutch and primary chain in and adjusted. The re-pop shifter rod had to be modified. The tip of the rod that goes through the lever is too long and hits the trans lid on the 47 and later set up when in 4th gear. I had to cut it short and re-drill the cotter pin hole. No big deal...  I've used these with no issues on the 46 and earlier lids cause the lever's flipped and the excess rod tip doesn't interfere with the lid.
I ended up using my chrome primary cover cause I couldn't find one that was easily paintable. I'll switch this out after I get a black one straightened out. Same with the rear chain guard. But I want to ride this fuckin' thing already!

No comments:

Post a Comment