Sunday, January 20, 2013

47 FL Chippin' Away...Front Crash Bar


Front crash bar installed...

Dug up some nice original U clamps...
The parts book indicates no lock washers. I installed them anyway...why not?

Everything fit up real nice... for a change!
Took this pic before I did my final tighten up...

Snapped the brake cable on the Dirty Nine...
The new inner wrapped around the mirror waiting to be installed...

Yank out the old...


Was out riding the "Dirty Nine" today but managed to get into the garage to do a little more on the '47 FL. Got the front crash bar mounted...every little bit helps. I still have to clean up the chrome on crash bar. A little Brillo goes a long way!
Oh and I popped the front brake cable on the "Dirty Nine" yesterday. I road it around for two days without the use of the front brake, but it can really use it, especially since the clutch is suicidal... so that needed a repair this evening...got the inner cable replaced and the brake is working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment