Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Parts...it adds up

Parts from Dennis Corso came today...

A hemorrhoid? I popped this out and still don't know what it is...

Installed the oil lines...not too bad...we'll see how the exhaust pipe fits.

Got rid of the chrome clevises and got these new Parkerized ones. I must say I was not too happy with the clevis pins or cotter pins.

I ordered some parts from Dennis Corso out in Ohio on Monday and they arrived this morning. I have never done business with him before but his parts are sold by many dealers. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed like a good guy. There are few things I'm not too happy with right off the bat. The oil lines for the '47 had a few blems in the plating. For me it doesn't matter cause this is a road bike but I would imagine a "restorer" would not have been happy. The lines did fit pretty well, the feed line needed a little more massaging then the rest but it went on OK. I bought three top motor mounts. I needed a couple for other projects. I'm not crazy about the welds. I may end up trying to get one of those Deluxe mounts I posted about earlier. The clevis pins for the brake rod clevises are a bit long and the heads don't look quite right...like I said a road bike not a huge deal to me.
I also ordered some parts for my '39 EL that I've been building for a looong time. I ordered a set of oil lines  and they have the short fitting on both ends of the feed line which is right, but the fittings are wrong for a '39, they should not have the shoulder on them and they also have plating issues. I assumed they would be right. I also ordered a fuel line from the tanks to the carb for the '39. This line is going to need some major bending it's not even close...
To be fair I did not contact Dennis about these issues and it may sound like nit picking but this stuff ain't cheap and it should be right the first time...

No comments:

Post a Comment