Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Thanksgiving "Whoops" from Google...

Well I was all ready to upload some pictures for a post this morning but instead I got this:

"Whoops! You're out of space. You are currently using 100% of your 1 GB quota for photos."


Google is looking for $$$ so that I can keep posting pictures.I guess many of you Bloggers have already experienced this and have paid.

I hate ultimatums and will consistently be stubborn and "Cut off my nose to spite my face".
(Wikipedia definition): an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem...yeah that's me...

Now I have some decisions to make...My first inclination is to say fuck it and quit the whole damn thing...

Let's see how I feel tomorrow...





7 comments:

  1. I had that come up on our Strange Days blog, and then I just waited a few days and I was able to post pictures again. So maybe it's like a month's quota of space used or something? Not sure, but I said fuck paying as well, but it's been working fine since then so who knows haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't take the quit option, I empathise with you however, 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last I heard they only charge $5 for a ton more storage than they intially give you for free. The other alternative is to delete old pst and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks...Anybody know if this is a monthly thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, don't quit!

    I have been running the Blog for many years and have never had this happen.

    I am not sure how it works, but if you can be bothered to re-size your photos before posting them it will help avoid any costs. I make sure all mine are no more that 1000 pixels wide... it's the size of images that uses up the space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you pay (it's not much) then your photos are also uploaded at much bigger sizes. I would certainly donate a coupole of dollars to keep this blog allive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate the comments. It's $2.49 a month to keep it going. Maybe like Guy, Chris (Strange days)and Chris K say it can probably be done free if you manage it better. I sprung for the $2.49 so I'm good to go...Thanks again to all concerned!

    ReplyDelete