Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Brookfield 2012 - Part Three - Random Stuff and the Ride Home

I just can't get enough of this very large (permanent) sign at the fairgrounds exit...

XXX

Flick's in town

More out front of  Flick's



Midnight at the Oasis...still at Flick's...


6AM Saturday Morning

A strange visitor from another planet...

Morning in Brookfield

Packed up for a day of riding... south

I think Sam had a spare bike in that bag...

Back at the Crosstown just into PA...Helmet Removal Area...


South of Easton PA...What's that tinkle, tinkle sound...oops....there's my head bolt wrench!

Re-secured and ready for the remainder of the ride....

Brookfield and the ride did not disappoint again this year. I love it. The ride home was great, once again the weather cooperated. I actually wore my leather all the way down past the Delaware Water Gap, felt like fall.  The '46 performed flawlessly and the only incident I had was on the way home. While riding through Easton PA I heard a metallic tinkling sound. I finally pulled over along the river to find that my old army tool bag had worn through on the back and my curved head bolt wrench (hey... you never know, I've had to use it in the past) had slid out and was laying nicely against my brake backing plate cradled by the rack spacer, axle nut and rear stand mount. The 9/16th end just making contact with my chain (hence the tinkling sound) you can see where it was touching the chain in the picture just visible behind the rear stand. It wasn't even wedged in. I simply pulled it out and repacked the tool bag on the rack...
For a quick conversion of a "Burn Out Crusty Bar Hopper" the knuckle did the 450 plus mile ride with ease. These bikes are amazing.

2 comments: