Saturday, August 25, 2012

And now for something completely different...kinda



I was checking out some artwork (fantastic Stuff!) that Mitch posted on the "Kemosabe and The Lodge" blog  http://kemosabeandthelodge.blogspot.com/  last month which prompted me to dig out this old Superglide tank that I picked up in a load of parts many years ago. It depicts an artist's rendition of Frank Frazetta's "Death Dealer" (thanks Mitch).
This tank brings me back to the late '70's - early '80's ...(is that Molly Hatchet I hear?). Guys I knew would spend a small fortune getting tanks painted up like this... meanwhile I was in the backyard with a Krylon can, masking tape and newspaper...over spray was my specialty....my friend's dad referred to my work as a "Demolition Derby Paint Job"...

No comments:

Post a Comment