Friday, July 27, 2012

Wauseon 2012 - Part Six - Pinky

"Don't judge me"

"Pinky" in all her grandeur...

Dig that tail light man...

The illusive top clamp....

Full Frontal Baby!

While I wondered through the fields of old parts and bikes in Wauseon my eye caught this Pink and Black beauty. As I stood there gazing in wonderment,  I heard a laugh and a voice say "Take it for a ride"...It turned out that this beauty belonged to my buddy Lloyd from Upstate NY. It's a '49 EL springer model. It kick started with ease and rode great. As I cruised the meet, a wide smile on my face, I realized that there were confused looks in my direction as I motored by. A stark contrast from my '46 Cut Down Knuckle, melting the back tire and causing wide spread panic as I screamed past in a "burst of dirty thunder" (quote borrowed from Hunter Thompson). With the Pink and White Pom Pom tassels blowing in the breeze and  "Pinky" emblazoned on every side I simply exclaimed "Don't judge me" as I rode past.... I hit the horn and even that sounded "pink"... It was a site to behold!

Of course...more Wauseon pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. way to rub it in jeff.... the next swap with the illusive top clamp, must be shipped to phoenix.... :)

    ReplyDelete