Monday, June 25, 2012

It's The Time Of The Season...For Throwin' Chains...


Chain toss

Prepping for the master link....

This is a dirty job on a clean bike...

...never mind the "Dirty Nine"

Road service vehicle

Ready for the road again...

After a great Saturday on the road I figured I'd do it again yesterday. Out on the "Dirty Nine" again...we were cruising around up in "The Haycock" where legend has it, there is a group of Albino Cannibal's that attack you if you park on an old covered bridge and blow your horn at midnight...I'm not kidding...check it out...

Anyway we just rolled outta The Haycock and onto a semi-main road when I hit fourth and threw my fuckin' chain...we were right at the entrance to an ancient farm so we could get off the two lane. As I walked back to fetch what was left of my chain, I heard motorcycles, lots of them. A run of some kind began to blow past me as I stood there chain in hand...many wavers...no stoppers. (Not that they would even know what a master link was judging by what I saw). Then in the other direction a Shovelhead Super Glide went by...turned around and stopped. "Need a hand?"..."Yeah, you don't happen to have a master link do yuh?"... It turns out the guy lived a couple miles down the road and ran home for a master link and a rag (figuring on the filth coming off the Knuckle I guess). I had the chain prepped by the time he got back and popped the link on in 2 minutes...back down the road we went...I was thinking of Bill Lockett the day before and how good fortune seems to follow these old bikes around...hell, if it had happened a couple miles earlier the Albino Cannibals of Ghost Mountain could have got me!

No comments:

Post a Comment