Thursday, May 10, 2012

46 Knuckle Maintenance continued...

Found a nice '46 foot clutch assembly...

Installed

I also replaced the worn kickstand and buttoned up the primary

Bent handle bar from a hit and run a couple years ago...

Larry Franz Sr's handle bar bending rod that I got with his last Hill climber. 
Jerry Franz told me there was one at every event...wonder why?
It's made out of some kind of axle...

Much better...still needs some riser adjustments and then it's good to go...

Pulled the rear wheel with the worn out Grasshopper. Whoever laced this rim and mounted the tire did it all backwards. The valve stem was on the brake drum side and the Grasshopper tread was facing the wrong direction. I ran it like that for 4 years anyway...and burned off all the tread...

Giving everything a once over...


Pull the pin...a lot of worn out parts...

Well after messing with the Buick for a couple of days it was back on the '46. As you can see I picked a decent (proper vintage) clutch pedal assembly and installed it along with an unworn kickstand. I got the primary buttoned back up and pulled the rear wheel. I'm going over everything and replacing stuff that's really worn out or broken...I also used Larry Franz Sr's bending bar to straighten out that bent handle bar which was due to that Jackass that tried to take me out with a hit and run a couple years back...ouch...
The bending bar worked pretty damn well, especially for a one man operation. I need to figure out what to do with the rear wheel, find another one that's laced up right or just put a good tire back on this one...I don't think it's all that true either...aaahhhh I'll figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment